Filling the gaps
As a leader in collaboration among Addison County’s nonprofit agencies, we see the big picture. This unique perspective not only helps us identify the most pressing problems in our community, it allows us to recognize when important needs are not being met.To address those unmet needs, sometimes we initiate our own programs.
Currently, our direct programs offer services such as:
- youth substance abuse prevention in schools
- connecting hundreds of volunteers with nonprofit agencies that serve people in need
- direct assistance to low-resource employees so they can focus on work and remain employed
- providing hundreds of backpacks full of school supplies to area children
- free tax filing software and assistance
- helping young community leaders to connect with their peers and make a difference
We are committed to being a forward thinking and evolving organization. As we see our community’s needs changing or being met elsewhere, our own programs will likely change, as well.