United Way of Addison County fosters community service in all community members, especially our youth. In that spirit, we are pleased to honor a local high school senior through our Youth Volunteer Scholarship. On behalf of a generous donor, one Addison County student is chosen annually for the Youth Volunteer Scholarship, recognizing a student who volunteers in their community and is interested in advancing their education. This scholarship comes with a $3,000 cash award for post-graduation education (college, trade school, Adult Education, etc.).
Applications for the Youth Volunteer Scholarship Award can be submitted to the United Way of Addison County if the nominee meets the following criteria:
1. Is a Senior in High School (or equivalent)
2. Is 21 years old or younger
3. Has volunteered in Addison County anytime within their high school years (grades 9-12)
4. The volunteer service has made an impact on the community and their own personal learning
5. Must be applying to or enrolled in an accredited post-graduation site. This could be college, trade school, or Adult Education (minimum 6-credit semester or the equivalent)
6. Participation in this scholarship award shall be on a voluntary basis
7. Applicant must not be employed by UWAC or be a dependent of UWAC Staff or Board Members
Applicants must complete all required questions in the official application. Applicants must also submit a letter of reference from the organization or individual(s) impacted by your service. Letters of reference may be completed via the UWAC Youth Volunteer Scholarship Letter of Reference form or emailed to Amy Hoekstra at email@example.com.
Selection and Schedule
Applications are due by May 6, 2024. No applications will be accepted after this date. You will receive a confirmation email upon receipt of your application/resume. Scholarship recipient will be notified by United Way of Addison County.
All applications will be judged by a selection panel. The scholarship will be awarded based on the applicant’s volunteer work and letter of reference. UWAC reserves the right to discontinue this scholarship program at any time without notice. UWAC reserves the right to withhold scholarship awards if there are no qualified applicants.
Scholarship funds will be made available to the educational institution in which the student is enrolled. Payment will be issued by United Way of Addison County.
Please contact Amy Hoekstra with any questions about the UWAC Youth Volunteer Scholarship.